I have been using ddclient to update my dynamic dns records for various servers and laptops for many years now. Around a month ago they all stopped updating the DNS server. I eventually tracked the error down to a line in the configuration file:
It’s not like I had made up a random server name…this server had been working successfully for several years. And it is the server recommended by the ddclient automatic configuration script generator on the dyndns.org website even now. [https://account.dyn.com/tools/clientconfig.html] However, at least for me on Ubuntu 10.04 and ddclient 3.8.0 it had stopped working.
I changed it over to:
And this fixed the problem.