This is a list of the J2ME applications that I use and like. To make the list they have to be free to use and not have annoying advertising (open source is also a plus).
If I do not list a URL Link, but instead just have a number in parenthesis such as (7223) the number is a "quick download" link at wap.getjar.com.
- World Flags (9971) – Shows all the flags, dynamic quizes, look-up, etc
- Mobile Solar System (12187) – Displays information about all the planets in the solar system.
- Compass – http://www.qcontinuum.org/compass/ Application to use the Sun/Moon as a compass. Also plots the direction to a destination of your choice and gives sun/moon set/rise times.
- GuitarTuner (5806) – Plays tones to help you tune a gutar.
- tieoncell (17) – Displays a simple animation of how to tie a tie.
- Counter (12109) – Turns your cell phone into a counter. (Useful for counting people going into a room, fish in a stream, etc)
- Pipes (6025) – A very nice puzzle strategy game, re-sizes nicely to any phones screen.
- FreeFlight (2713) – Very nice 3D flight simulator that shows off JSR-84, Java 3D, especially good on phones with built in 3D video hardware. Is only likely to work on the newest phones.
- 5ud0ku (9510) – A nice Sukoku game, which allows for "pencil" marks while you are thinking. Sudoku Spot (3203) is a good alternative choice, which has more visual appeal, but not as many features.
- Zelda (7223) – Only the first level, but it's free and fun.
- Simple Pool (9515) – A simple pool game.
- Why Chicken Why (6116) – Frogger like clone.
Sounded like a good idea, but didn't quite work:
- MFRadio- http://mfradio.sourceforge.net/ (11135)Free radio from streaming stations around the world. GPL'ed program. On my phone, had annoying "jerks" in audio playback every 10-20 seconds, possibly a problem switching between buffers.
If you have suggestions for other applications I should try out and add to this page, please leave a comment!